趣味英语词汇 Forgotten History of Chinese Workers in California Wine Country
vineyard – n. a field where grapes are grown
a piece of land where grapevines are grown in order to produce wine
• At the same time he set his troops to ravage the surrounding fields and vineyards.
• The climate is particularly favourable and the area is known for its cider-making and vineyards.
• We followed a dirt road through Chianti vineyards, waving to stubbly-faced farmers in corduroy trousers festooned with patches.
• Apart from this, the entire vineyard belonging to this commune is situated on Belemnite chalk.
winery – n. a place where wine is made
• Even California wineries have joined in the fun.
• Eden winery, Plump Jack is looking to make a name for itself as a producer of super-premium Cabernet Sauvignons.
• Preston, an excellent winery, has been having more success with marsanne.
• Our modern winery produces wines which have won international Gold Awards.
premium – adj. of high or higher than normal quality
• premium-quality wine
• The cable company offers both standard and premium services.
• Could it be that the high prices are justified by premium quality?
• The group's core business is premium quality alcoholic beverages.
pavilion – n. a building in a park or garden that usually has open sides and is used for parties, concerts, or other events
• More than 1,400,000 people visited the Liberty Bell pavilion last year.
• It features carnival rides, live bands and a dance pavilion along with booths for food, arts and crafts.
• New beachfront hotels are going up, and the pavilion on the boardwalk is being rebuilt.
• The effect was heightened by the pavilions which straddled the track behind the main building.
management – n. the act of supervising or directing something
• Franklin runs a management consulting firm.
• a management decision
• The failure of many small businesses is caused by bad management.
• Like Cockburn, Hoggett stresses the links between changes in the organization of local government and those of capitalist management.
邮 箱: email@example.com